- Homemade hair thickening remedies work either by temporarily adding volume to each shaft of
hair or by creating a healthy scalp environment where more hair can grow.
- In some cases, results are immediately visible but they are generally short-lived.
For the best results, use a homemade hair-thickening remedy on a regular basis.
- After shampooing, massage an egg white into your hair and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes.
- The non hydrolyzed protein in an egg mimics the hydrolyzed proteins in hair
- Wash your hair with cold water.
- A mixture of lemon juice and egg white and oil massage could also be used to strengthen the
roots of hair.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of white or apple cider vinegar with 1 pint of water.
- Massage this mixture into your hair.
- The solution temporarily changes the chemical balance of your hair and make it appear thicker
- Scalp massages with any essential oil are thought to help rid the scalp of
debris and excess sebum and dirt resulting on cleaner thicker hair and healthy follicles.
- Massaging the scalp also increases blood flow to the scalp, which may encourage healthier,
thicker hair growth.
- Rub oil into the scalp before bedtime and leave it on overnight.
- Wash with a mild shampoo in the morning and style as usual.
- Using a tablespoon or fresh aloevera gel squeezed directly from the leaves either alone or with a mixture of raw egg, may make your hair appear thicker.
- Apply the gel or mixture once every two weeks and shampoo as usual.
- A leave on conditioner made from flax seeds and water may temporarily thicken hair.
- Soak a handful of flax seeds in water for 1-2 days and apply the water directly to your scalp with
a cotton ball before styling.